Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Not your typical Monday

Monday is by far the worst day of the week.

Hence the reason for Case of the Mondays and Sunday Night Blues.

And yesterday began like every other Monday: feverishly catching up on all the chores I got behind on over the weekend. Unloading the dishwasher. Washing 3 loads of laundry. Cleaning up the weekend clutter.

When all of a sudden, the doorbell rang.

I didn't think much of it because our neighbors ring the doorbell all the time (bringing us banana bread, spaghetti, or to give the pups treats etc.)

I opened the door, and much to my surprise, my dear friend stood there with a big smile and an even bigger "HELLO!"

She drove an hour to work only to be told she wasn't cleared to work because of a virus she had last week.

Big bummer, right?

So...she decided to come hang out with me until I had to go to work. And by hang out with me, I mean we chatted while I worked on some housework. Boo.

Well after about 20 minutes, my phone rings and I see it's MY work. I screen the call because...well...I was "working" on more important things.

I hesitantly check my message: "Hi Mrs. Ruby, I'm not sure if you are aware, but the schools are closed today due to flooding." (I begin to panic because this usually means we have to go in early) "Well, we called all of the staff and no one could come in early, so I just wanted to let you know that you don't have to go to your site today. So enjoy your day off work!"

No WAY!

So, the whole day we felt like we were playing hookie from school or had called in sick to work.

We spent the day:

Eating. Umm, yeah, so this is the Cheesecake Factory's "lunch size" Santa Fe Chicken Salad. So delicious. And I could only eat about 1/4 of it.


Girl Talks. About work, life, marriage, babies, and friendship!

What we do best. Shopping!!! What can I say? Tis the season...

Cuddling with the pups. I think this may have been the pup's favorite Monday of their entire lives.

Napping. We tried to watch Charlie St. Cloud, but both ended up snoozing for a couple of hours.

Best Monday of my entire life.

9 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Sounds like a great Monday!

Amanda Moury said...

Yay! PS - that salad looks bomb.com! Yum! :)

Leigh said...

Jealous! That sounds like a perfect Monday! :)

Kari said...

What fun!

Lucky in Love said...

What amazing luck! So glad you got to hang out with your friend :)

BeckyJo606 said...

I love that you had a wonderful Monday! Those are so few and far between! :)

Shoshanah said...

What a pleasant surprise for a Monday! There's nothing like having a random day off of work.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yay!! That's a great Monday!

d.a.r. said...

Oh my gosh, could it have been any more perfect?!?! That sounds like the best Monday ever!