Friday, July 29, 2011
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Somebody stop me.
I can't stop pinning.
And somebody tell me what am I supposed to do when I start school and no longer have time for...well...my wakadoo Pinterest addiction ?!?!
So, I figured before things get mad-crazy (as if they already are not), I'd dedicate a WILW post to Pinterest.
I love so many things.
So let's get started.
1. I'm LOVING this idea. Write down memories throughout the year and then read a few on New Year's Eve. CUTE!
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Like, for example, posts about our house. That we have now owned since March.
Does anyone know the secret to slowing life down...even just a smidgen?
Well. I had a FANTASTIC time celebrating one of my bestie's bachelorette parties in Ft. Myers, Florida a week and a half ago.
Aside from the actual bachelorette night, no planning was involved. We slept in. Did whatever we wanted. Laughed. Lounged. Got a little crazy. And let me tell you, that is a way to "plan" a vacation. Have no plans at all.
But I digress.
So many highlights of the trip.
1. The most annoying bugs I've ever encountered in my entire life: No-See-Ems. Because you can't see em'...although you really can. We all left with these rascal-ly bites all over our bodies. (Yes this was a highlight - because it just got funny after awhile).
2. Our $2.00 inter tubes we bought at Target. These things were the lifeblood of our trip. And we looked so awesome walking around the beach with our matching floaties.
3. Homemade sangria. We bought ingredients to make a ton the first night. Well, we had to make a couple of grocery store runs every day after that in order to replenish because we somehow drank it all . It was hot out and we were thirsty. ;)
4. Everything about Sanibel Island. The beaches. The shelling. The Mucky Duck and it's perfect location to watch a sunset.
5. Making fools of ourselves the night we celebrated our bride-to-be. We made quite the spectacle as we wore ridiculous, bright-colored wigs out and about and sported blinking bling-rings.
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Even in this ridiculous heat.
It could be because we fixed my AC in my car.
Or because I actually slept 7 hours last night instead of my recent 5 hours per night gig.
And I've had an exciting past couple of weeks. Busy. But exciting.
Last week, we had some of our VERY best friends in town from Rhode Island. It seemed like it would be an impossible job to entertain pals who practically grew up in the ocean, and here we are in the middle of the country: 100+ degree weather for the past 30 days, flat as a pancake, and well...not a whole lot to do.
But we had a FABULOUS time. Although I'm sure Kansas was quite the culture shock! ;)
Luckily we'll see them again soon. We're already gearing up for our next trip to Rhode Island to both be in another dear couple friends' wedding!!! Woo-hoo!!!