Thursday, August 5, 2010

Repaying the favor


First of all, long overdue CONGRATULATIONS are in order for my best friend and her new fiance. Congratulations Lauren and Eric!

These two are a perfect match, and I've never seen my bestie happier. Love really is what life is all about. :)

Lauren and I were sorority sisters in college and shared the same major/interests/desired career paths/senses of humor/love for the lake/love for talking (to each other and in general). At one point in college, we were roomies, had all but two classes together, were involved in the same clubs (therefore went to every meeting on campus together), savored every moment of the weekend together, and then we would still find ourselves chatting via aol instant messenger while sitting next to each other on the couch working on the same assignments.

Sickening, I know.

So, I obviously asked her to stand next to me on the most important day of my life. She was a kick-booty bridesmaid!!!


And now, the time has come for me to return the favor. I have been given the honor (no pun intended) of being her Matron of Honor! I could not be more thrilled. And even more exciting? I get to share this incredibly important and exciting job with another fabulous friend who will be her Maid of Honor. Double the awesomeness!!!

This is my first time to be a bridesmaid (let alone the matron of honor), and I am taking it very seriously. I am going to do my absolute best to make this the happiest time of the blushing bride's life.

So...if any of you have ever been bridesmaids/maids/matrons of honor, PLEASE feel free to share advice, knowledge, websites, books or anything that can make me give this little lady an awesome wedding experience. Feel free to e-mail me at mrs.rubyredslippers@gmail.com
I'd love to hear your thoughts!

P.S. Happy (almost) Friday!!!!


7 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

That is awesome! It is good to have great friends!

melissa said...

How fun! I've been a bridesmaid a few times, as well as a bride, and I think the best thing you can do for the bride is to listen. Brides are so excited about their wedding plans and LOVE to talk weddings. Also, offer to help out with the little chores and projects that come along with a wedding. It's always nice to have a helping hand when assembling programs or invites, etc. Also, if you can swing it, throw her a great wedding shower with the other bridesmaids.

You've been the bride so I'm sure you'll be a GREAT bridesmaid!

Lauren said...

You are too sweet, Ang! I love you and am so honored that you will be there on my big day!

P.S. I really could've sent a better pic of Eric and me, haha :)

LOVE YOU and MISS YOU and CAN'T WAIT to do wedding stuff!!!!

Eric said...

Don't lie, Lauren...you meant a better pic of ME!!! You just look like the hot chick with the fat guy in this one...we're like Lois & Peter, or whatever their names are on King of Queens! :(

Thanks for the kind words, Ange. It's going to be alot of fun!

Courtney @ One Fine Wire said...

Congrats on the honor of being her Matron of Honor :)

Happy weekend!

KittyCat said...

Congrats. SOrry I dont have any advice. It has been a decade since I was one.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Congrats! That's so exciting!