Monday, August 16, 2010

For Real???

Holy Moly.

In two weeks it will be September. This means that fall is right around the corner.

Not ready.

I've got two weeks left of summer camp left, and then the following week we head to CALI!!! And the moment we get back - summer is over. Boo.

But, we DID have a most fantastic summer weekend. It was full of pre-wedding events and full of emotion and fun times!!!!! On Saturday afternoon, I went to a friend's FABULOUS Breakfast at Tiffany's themed bridal shower. I mean, every detail accounted for, my friends. From the cake to the decor. We even received these little infamous blue Tiffany boxes with pearl bracelets inside. So posh. Oh, and I experienced my first-ever meeting of a bloggy friend in PERSON. Jen over at A Girl in Pearls and a Boy with Toys is just as classy and gorg in person as she is on her blog!!!











And then Saturday night, we continued the celebrations. We celebrated a good friend's birthday at a Mexican restaurant. First exciting highlight of the night. After a few margs, a burrito, a birthday song, and some reminiscing memories of our cruise, my DEAR friend and her fiance presented all of us at the table with gifts. I was so confused. (And felt like poo because I only bought the birthday girl a card...and here she is presenting me with a gift). So, we open the gifts, and she and her fiance asked all of us to be in their wedding next September.

And in good ol' Mrs. Ruby fashion, I start to sob hysterically.

I couldn't help it, I got overwhelmed with emotion. We all watched these two get engaged, and now we're going to part of their special day. AND, she wrote some pretty darn heart-felt things in my little card which made me realize how thankful I am for our Little Rhody family.



(Told You.) Sobbing like a baby. HAHA!!






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's such a sweet way to ask to be in the wedding. How nice! And beautiful shower!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That shower looks amazing! I saw the pics on Jen's blog as well and it looked like it was a blast!

Jen said...

Oh you are too cute! Pretty pretty shower pictures and SO exciting about being asked to be in your friend's wedding!! How fun :)

LauraAnn said...

Awe! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend! :-)