Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Getting to know Mr. Ruby

I love my hubby.

Every darn thing about him.

But every now and then...okay pretty much all the time...I like to poke a little fun. ;) I always joke with him that if he weren't with me, he would be just like the character in Into the Wild or he would be the next Bear Grylls in Man vs. Wild. He is my wilderness man.

Top 5 reasons why my hubby is an authentic, nature-loving, granola-crunching, make-the-least-possible-carbon-footprint, crushing-hard-on-mother-nature, hippie-wannabe, wilderness man:

1). He bought a Toyota Prius (despite all of my George Jetson/Spaceship jokes).

2). He buys shoes made of recyclable goods. (Ok, AND they benefit charity. But he really likes how they look.)

source

3). He loves the Pacific Ocean...a lot. He has advised me on multiple occasions that when he dies, he would like to be cremated and spread across the Pacific.

source

4). He resembles that of a true wilderness man. Especially when he does things like explore cave-like structures barefoot and shirtless (oh, but he has his handy-dandy Camelbak).

5). He is ALWAYS barefoot. In fact, he has decided he wants to take up barefoot running, read Born to Run, and buy these DISGUSTING gorilla-esque shoes called "Five Fingers".

source

Even our friends poke a little funsies at Mr. Ruby. A friend sent him an e-mail with an article on the Barefoot Running Trend.

Mr. Ruby then forwarded the article to me with the following message:

"See babe. I'm not weird. I'm cutting edge and even trendy!"


And THAT, my friends, is why I LOVE my hubs!!!


4 comments:

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

Hahaha this is such a cute post!

LauraAnn said...

Haha! Too cute! Those 5-toe shoes definitely look interesting to say the least! I wonder if they are comfortable?! lol

Ben Smithson said...

The dude abides.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Those 5 toe shoes completely freak me out! I saw a guy wearing them in the airport the other day and thought they were socks at first!