Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I like reality TV. So sue me.

Mr. Ruby despises reality television.

But what does he abhor even more than trashy television? Anything having to do with celebrity gossip.

He makes no effort to hide his disgust with my choice of entertainment by making the following gestures: rolling of the eyes, sighing very loudly, and even confiscating my magazines or the remote. Or the other night, we were hanging out with a group of friends and we decided to sit down and watch Jersey Shore. Obnoxiousness level: A billion. But still, you can't help but keep your eyes glued to the telly...so addicting. But there was Mr. Ruby in the corner sighing and making faces of pure disgust.

Let me defend myself for one second. First of all, I watch one MAYBE two hours of t.v. TOTAL for the entire week. Secondly, life is stressful, and my brain is always working non-stop. Sometimes, I like to take a little breather and watch or read mindless/useless tv or magazines. I could be doing worse.

But no. I cannot simply enjoy my mindless trash. The other day, I sat down to read an US Weekly (which I hardly EVER buy) and this is what I saw:

Ok, Hubs. I can take a hint.

All I have to say is that I have a post waiting to be dedicated to Mr. Ruby's habits. All in good fun of course! ;)


9 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

LOL, sounds like my husband!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I tell the husband not to make fun of Oprah and HGTV and I won't make fun of the shows he watches (one of them includes Jersey Shore :) Life is short - enjoy the trashy reality shows!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I laughed so hard with his note. I love reality tv and celeb gossip! I never buy those magazines but I bought the teen mom one too!

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

HAHAHAHAH how funny! Mr. Bear always gives me crap about the crap I watch on tv.

LauraAnn said...

Haha! Oh Mr. Ruby! My husband is the same way though. He always makes fun of me and voices his annoyance over the trashy reality shows that I like. But I agree, it is nice to watch a show that a.)entertains, b.)doesn't require any brain power and c.)makes you look at life and realize that you have it great compared to some of these drama-filled crazies! lol

melissa said...

Ok, I happen to agree with your husband about those shows and magazines BUT - everyone is entitled to their guilty pleasures! It's not my cup of tea, so I don't watch. But I get that other people enjoy it. That said, I make fun of my husband for watching the SyFy channel and tease my sister about watching The Bachelorette. But really, I get it. I like to watch Tori & Dean. Enough said, right? :) To each his own!

Dixie Bell Designs said...

hahaha that is hilarious! everyone needs their vices though, reality tv IS addicting!!

Leigh said...

Haha that's hilarious! My husband doesn't like reality tv, but I have got him to watch Bachelor Pad with me this week, haha

Shoshanah said...

I love all the reality shows. And really looking at that magazine all I can think is that I want to read the Teen Mom article.