Monday, February 21, 2011

Memoir Monday - I am lame



Memoir Monday

Happy Monday Dear Blog Friends!

Before I get into my memoir-a-ganza, I just want to say thank you to all my darling readers. I love your comments. I love reading your blogs. And I love how you make me smile.

I digress.

To re-cap my weekend is quite simple. I did a lot of this:


And I felt (and still feel) like this:


I have been trying to get caught up in school. Aside from student teaching, tutoring, lesson planning, and buying a house, it's been hard to get any school work done.

Oh, and I'm starting to FREAK OUT with the whole not-making-any-money-during-student-teaching thing. I can't even think about the home expenses that are going to start adding up once we close on our house. Not to mention the fact that wedding season is in full swing starting...now. I need income. And it's really starting to make me insane in the membrane.

Any ideas? Advice? Does anyone need me to babysit/walk your dog/feed your lizard?

So instead of focusing on my brain-overloaded stress-face, I am going to pretend that this was our weekend:


How was YOUR weekend? Did you also run off to beautiful beachy islands like we did?



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your pretend weekend :) Good luck with getting everything done with student teaching and the house! It will all work out and be great in the end!

Alex Carter said...

Hang in there it will all be worth it in the end!!!

The Shabby Princess said...

No island hopping for us... Boo. You'll get through the student teaching phase, don't worry! Buying a home can be stressful and it's hard not to want to do everything all at once, but, try not to. That will a) help you save money and b) determine what you really want to change/update/fix, etc rather than just doing it because you didn't really like what was there or whatever. Exhibit A of this would be our dining room: that we painted (because it had awful wallpaper) and changed the light fixture (because it was terrible 1960s chanderlier) and we ended up not liking the new color or light fixture. HA! Shame on us.

Hugs! You'll get through it!

Tiffany said...

The pretend weekend is fab, I'll pretend like I went to the beach, too. ;)

I completely get your fear of no income during student teaching. Every time I have thought of going back to school to be a teacher, this is what has always freaked me out!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

How I wish I could even go on a pretend beach vacation! lol

Good luck on catching up!

Mrs. Yellow Ribbon said...

hehe I know the feeling, girl! Between nursing school and being a wife, I feel like I'm always behind in something (right now it's our pile of laundry and our cluttered apartment). So yes, we too jetted off to our own private island for the weekend :-)