Saturday, August 15, 2009

I say it about 6 times a day


I LIVE for the weekends!

My friends all tease me because every Sunday I get so mopey...and then the week is over...and it's time for another fun weekend!

Vicious cycle. 

Well, despite quite a few sad, annoying and stressful situations this week - it wasn't a bad one. I actually slept well ALL week AND I didn't even get frustrated with my boss one time. It was a miracle I tell you!

I absolutely want to share with you some of the sad things I encountered this week. I'm so surprised I wasn't in a bad mood at all.

  • I started off my week by waking up before the sun came out (which is never a fun time), and frantically rushing to the train station to head to Boston for a career fair. I had to pick up a co-worker first, and we completely miscommunicated I drove around our headquarters for about 20 minutes looking for her. Well, of course we ended up missing our train. We simply sat down in our sweat-infested, hot, frumpy business suits and waited for the next train
  • Standing for over 8 hours in heels at a career fair caused some major blisters
  • Mr. Ruby was out of town all week
  • I had a business dinner and function Wednesday night and didn't get home until 10 pm. This doesn't sound that bad...except my poor pups were waiting for me to come home and let them out. I came home to a puddle on the bathroom floor and two terrified dogs. They thought they'd be in trouble! :(
  • Temperatures reached the high 90's this week - good and all, except when you don't have central air. Our apartment was a scorching 91 degrees for 4 days straight...I kid you not
  • I ate like a beast this week. Oh, and I didn't work out once. Ew.
If that's as bad as my life gets...I'll take it! I actually had a really nice time because we flew in all of our remote recruiters and conducted a two-day training. It was so fun for me to get back in the classroom and train again! 

Well, I'm off to go enjoy every moment of my weekend. Hope you all have a fantastic Saturday!!!

4 comments:

JennyMac said...

Hope the weekend is going very well Ruby Red. It is hot as blazes here too. We have cocktails and central AC we can share. :)

Yankee Girl said...

You seem surprisingly upbeat for someone living in 90 degree temps. I too have been doing it all week and it had made me sort of grumpy. Though it got better yesterday because I went swimming all day. I plan on doing the same today.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Sounds like a really busy week! Too bad about the 91 degree weather inside your apartment :-( Have a great Sunday!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Bad weeks can really be a downer, but that just means that HOPEFULLY the next one will seem fantastic compared to it. And ps...no central air and 90 degree weather would have seriously killed me. I would have died.