Monday, August 3, 2009

Clam Cakes and Lobster Rolls


I had myself a quintessential Rhode Island beach day on Saturday.

Cute little restaurant right on the beach? Check.

Unlimited tropical, fruity alcoholic concoctions? Check.

Clam cakes, lobster rolls, and chowder? Check.

Mr. Ruby and I had one of the best days ever on Saturday. We spent the entire day at the beach with our good friends Dave and Margaret. They have been so great since we've moved here...kinda some substitute parents, if you will. Although...not really. These two can out-party ANYONE! We always have such a blast. 

And leave it to me to have a humiliating moment. So, Mr. Ruby and I decided to take a quick dip in the good ol' Atlantic. We were having a ball. Well, all of a sudden I see this monster wave coming straight towards us. I mean, it was like tsunami (especially when you're a few vodka cranberries in). Mr. Ruby (the surfer at heart that he is) swims beneath it with ease. I however, get completely plowed by the thing. 

I was completely disoriented and started to panic. I finally reached the surface rejoicing. I lived through the tsunami! All of a sudden, I felt a little breeze. I looked down. There it was. My boob. Out of my swimsuit. In the open. For all to see. ALL to see. 

Sigh. 

Would you expect any different? Didn't think so. 







12 comments:

Shoshanah said...

I'm pretty sure I've never had a clam cake nor a lobster roll, but I'm sure based on the picture and their names I would love both

Alison said...

You poor thing! How embarrassing!!!! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Well I'm glad the wave didn't take you away!

JACKIE said...

Your day on the beach looks JUST LOVELY!!! Oh and p.s. I've just about lost my top in the waves numerous times. You're not alone on that one =)

Allison said...

You and Mr. Ruby are honestly too cute for words. I'm sorry about you exposing your boob to everyone though...it has happened to me though, and I'm sure more people than would like to admit :)

Mrs. Potts said...

The pictures are so very wonderful - it looks like you all enjoyed fabulous weather!

I've had the ocean "steal" my top before. Very, very bad ocean!!

PinkSass said...

I love it. You look like you are having a great time! Love the dress!

Aliya said...

so funn!! i've always wanted to visit NE!

Yankee Girl said...

It looks like you had such a good time, even if you did show a little more of yourself than you would have liked!

And I heart lobster rolls.

Anonymous said...

.....HAMMERED!!!!


Looks like you two had some fun with your friends.

-Zac

Wearing Mascara said...

LOVE the pictures - looks like you had a great time!

Sarah said...

Oh trust me, you are SO not alone...