Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Travel Tidbits


So, I'm writing this post from my very cozy hotel bed. 

Yep. That's right. Another travel season has begun for me. I will be living out of a suitcase for the next month and a half. 

You know what that means - Stocking up on EmergenC and sharing my often-times horrifying/embarrassing/annoying travel adventures. We know I've had some doozies. 

So far on my first travel venture of the season, I have learned two things:

1). Apparently I can replace my newfound love of Melatonin to help me sleep, with an airplane ride. Seriously? How is it so easy for me to sleep through turbulence, stinky neighbors, and screaming babies...yet I can't even fall asleep in my own comfortable bed? The pitiful irony.

2). It's a small world after all. I am in the middle-of-nowhere Indiana, recruiting at a fabulous university. I was at Starbucks today sipping away on my venti iced coffee (skim milk and 3 splendas, if you must know), when I see a girl who looks oddly familiar. I realize there is no way I know anyone at this Starbucks because I'm nowhere near my old home or current home. 
She turns around. There was a reason she looked so familiar - it was an old sorority sister! She's apparently getting her PhD and decided she needed some good ol' Starbucks study time.
Hmm. Small world. 

That's it for now. Career fair tomorrow and interviews Friday. I'm sure I'll meet some interesting characters...I always do. 

Updates soon to come. 

7 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

It is a small world for sure!

Shoshanah said...

Its funny how you seem to run into people where you'd least expect. I know I ran into a college friend when I was in London once

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I loved your stories before so I'm pretty excited for the new ones!!!

The France Family said...

Have safe travels Girl!

Unknown said...

you're in indiana right now?! if you're at purdue... that is my town! it IS a small world.

so if you need an indiana tour guide... e-mail me!
kelseysutherlin@gmail.com

Lucky in Love said...

I lived in Indiana almost my whole life!! Are you at Purdue?? Because I went there :)

smithec said...

Ang - if you're anywhere near Indianapolis, let me know, I would love to see you!