Saturday, June 13, 2009

Finally...a good night's sleep!

It is now 11:40 a.m.

I just woke up. 

Wow. I really really needed to sleep. 

I've been on the go for almost two weeks straight. I went home to Kansas and then went straight to Vegas for a recruiting conference. I have never felt so exhausted in my life. 

Normally I wake up about 5 times in the middle of the night. Last night, I went to bed and woke up in the same position 10 and a half hours later. 

Anyways...

I clearly have stories and pics from my trip to Vegas, but I really have a lot to do today. But, I do want to tell you about my plane ride home yesterday...

It was actually a very smooth ride, and we even got in early...which never happens. But, of course there was a bit of awkwardness I had to deal with. 

There was a guy (about my age) that was sitting in the aisle across from me. And you know that feeling you get when you just know someone is staring at you? Well, I had that. 

Sure enough, I would look over...and this dude was just staring at me. I even caught him through my peripheral vision when I was reading my magazines. He kept trying to see what I was reading. So annoying. And creepy. 

That was a fairly minor situation. I had to deal with probably the worst thing I ever have while being on a plane ride. (And I've dealt with some crazy stuff). 

Let me start by saying that I absolutely despise feet. I don't even like to look at or touch my own. I think feet are just icky. They make me nauseous. 

Well, I was sitting next to this cute, nicely dressed woman and we had the middle seat in between us. I was so excited to not have to sit directly next to someone. 

So, the moment the plane took off, this woman took her shoes and socks off and proceeded to put her feet on the seat next to me. I looked down and thought "OK, you can handle this. They're just feet." Although I was completely repulsed.

Oh no, she didn't stop there. She fidgeted and kept stretching out her legs so that her bare feet were actually touching my leg. Yep. Her foot and My leg...touching. This lasted for the ENTIRE FOUR HOUR FLIGHT!!!

When I told Mr. Ruby he was like "Why in the world did you not tell her to get her feet off of you?"

I can't explain. I never have the guts to say something during these types of situations. And, I just didn't have the heart to tell her. She was not feeling well (kept sniffling, sneezing and coughing...which made it even WORSE) and I don't think she spoke much english. I did however make faces of disgust and scoot as close to the other side of the seat as possible...but she didn't get the hint.

I'm still traumatized by the whole experience.

7 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Ohhhh yeah! I would have been like home girl you need to get your nasty feet off me. If she wouldn't have understand I would have touched them with a magazine screaming OFF!!!!!!

I'm sorry that happened to you!!!

In This Wonderful Life said...

glad you got some rest!! sorry you had a bad flight :( hate those!

LauraAnn said...

Sometimes I wonder how people justify the things they do?!?

Glad that you had a smooth flight and that you were able to get some R & R!

Lucky in Love said...

That is so gross!! I don't know if I would've said anything either. I'm so not comfortable with that...but in this instance, who knows...that's pretty nasty!

My sister is very grossed out by feet. If anyone puts their's on her or even by her she freaks!

Kids, Canines, and Chaos said...

Oh my goodness.. I would have probably had a panic attack if those feet were touching me. I'm not a fan of feet either, so that would have been the tipping point for me! Glad you were able to get some rest, though!

Kendra said...

I'm jealous of the 11:40! I slept in until 9 and was ecstatic! And Leo hates feet, so no foot massages for the rest of my life unless I get a pedicure!

Shoshanah said...

I hate having the people even accidentally touch me on flights, and I'm sure I would freak out if someone's feet were on me. Yuck!