Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Week 29: The Good Life

Week 29: 03/03/13 - 03/09/13

If you were to freeze-frame snapshots of this past weekend at the Greens, you would probably see me doing the following:

Babysitting two tots on a Friday night.
Putting in some serious couch time with pups, a pretty cute baby, and one-hunk-of-a-man. 
Doing approximately 8 loads of laundry.
Grocery shopping before dawn Sunday morning.
Grading some papers.
Napping on the couch with a Chunkin.
Getting embarrassingly excited about Lyla's first time sitting in a restaurant high chair. 

I'm sure you're so incredibly jealous that you no longer want to be my friend.
And I'm sure you will strive to live as thrilling of a life as me.

I mean seriously though. 
I've always lived for the weekends. 
But now, I mean I live for the weekends. 
Except when we have more than 3 things on the calendar.
Yep. 
I've decided 3 is my limit. 

Anything more than that takes away from snuggles. 
And relaxation.
And the ability for my brain to stop for more than 6 seconds.
And for my OCD tendencies to prepare for the following week.

Life with Chunkin has totally allowed me to stop and truly live for lazy, boring weekends.
And appreciate the small things in life. 
I mean.
I'm pretty much living as the Europeans do. 

This is the good life, I tell ya.














7 comments:

Leigh said...

Oh my goodness, she is getting so adorable and big! :)

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

Beautiful!!

Carolyn said...

Lazy weekends with that face sound PERFECT! :)

AbbyS. said...

Could she be any cuter?!? Love those weekend snuggles.

McGriddle Pants said...

I love the one with beans AND the pup in Gabe's lap. Too cute!

and I know you're busy, and may not have time to do this, but I nominated you for an awardy-award on my bloggy-blog :)

It's always bikini season said...

Good post

It's always bikini season said...

Lovvely blog you have here