Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Whole New World

A whole new world lies before Mr. Ruby and I in less than 24 hours.

We are watching my cousin's two young girls while he goes out of town for work.

Holy. Moly. HUGE responsibility.

And yes, I may be qualified to teach young children.

And yes, I was responsible for 20 five year olds at camp last summer.

And yes, I babysit.

But this...this... is a whole new ball game.

We will have them for 48 hours straight.

What if they get bored? What if one gets sick? What if they wake up in the middle of the night in a strange place and start crying? What if I run out of fruit snacks?

And then there was grocery shopping. I looked so ridiculous going back and forth trying to find all the kiddie stuff in the isles. Just spent over an hour and way too much money at Wal-Mart.

Not what's in a typical Ruby shopping cart

Deep breath.

It will all be okay. And in all seriousness, I'm SUPER excited. They are so well-behaved and SO sweet!

I'll keep you posted on if we make it out alive. And hey, if anything, this is excellent practice for the real thing! ;)


4 comments:

Kendra said...

Haha! You are like my mom when it comes to a weekend with the kiddos! I'm sure you'll do great! Good luck!

Leigh said...

I am sure you guys will have a great time! I bet they will teach you something new too :)

Jen said...

Ahhh good luck! You'll have a great time with them I'm sure!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Good luck! I'm sure everything is going to go well!