Saturday, May 8, 2010

Again? Really?

Yep.

My immune system has failed me again.

Is this God's way of telling me I'm not meant to work with children?

Nah.

I think it's just my body preparing me for a germ-infested career full of coughing, dripping, nose-wiping kids.

But I am under-the-weather yet again! I can't even believe it.

So, the weekend thus far has been a bit unfulfilling to say the least. And Mr. Ruby is on a work trip...so I don't even have a nurse to keep me company. :(

Last night consisted of a sinful amount of Criminal Minds. And today, I've been lying around in sweatpants trying to focus on school and have unsuccessfully created several lesson plans for next week.

Oh, but I did finish Something Blue by Emily Giffin. About darn time, right? I started off HATING the main character...which is always a pet peeve of mine. But, I ended up loving her at the end. I don't care that it is total chic lit...I really enjoyed it!!!

Hopefully my weekend perks up soon! ;)


6 comments:

Kimberlee said...

I just finished that not to long ago and just started Baby Proof. I'm not usually into Chick Lit, but I really love Emily Giffin. Hope you feel better soo!

Christa said...

Love Something Borrowed and Something Blue! Did you know they are making a movie out of Something Borrowed? Kate Hudson plays Darcy!

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

hope you are feeling better! i have been teaching for 5 years and still get super sick every year... just goes with the territory i suppose.... :(

Shoshanah said...

I think it's almost impossible to go from spending little if any time around kids to all the time and not avoid getting sick. But once your immune system gets used to it, I'm guessing you'll rarely be getting sick.

And I'm pretty sure you're supposed to hate Darcy at the start of the book. So I guess the book did its job there.

Lauren said...

Emily Giffin lives in Atlanta and is doing a book signing in May here!

Hope you feel better. Miss you!

sanjeet said...

I really love Emily Giffin. Hope you feel better soo!
free classified india