Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Being Productive is for the Birds

There are few things I love more than fall.

Giggles from Lyla.
Social gatherings.
Coffee talks with Gabe.

That's pretty much it.

But absolutely nothing brings joy to my soul like a crisp, autumn day.

My crush began when we first moved to Rhode Island.
I'd never encountered such vibrant beauty.
Seriously.
If you haven't seen a maple tree in the peak of foliage season in New England, then you haven't lived.

And I was introduced to apple picking.
Adult Halloween parties.
Pumpkin patching.
Leaf-Peeping.
Corn mazing.
Fall art festivals.

Although leaf-peeping doesn't quite provide the same rich experience here in Wichita, Kansas, I still love fall.
Especially all the fun associated with it.

Couple the recent beautiful weather with an overwhelming amount of choices for fall activities, and you've got yourself a major decline in productivity levels.
Not good, my friends.
Not good.

Gabe and I have been on such a productive roll lately.
We even made a shared spreadsheet for "House Projects".
We each have our own column of designated projects and "prerequisites" for our respective projects.
I wish I were kidding.
But, like I said.
We are were on a roll.

However.
Autumn takes precedence over all.

So when I got a call this past Saturday asking if I was going to my high school's 20th anniversary fall festival, I immediately halted my productive plans for the day.
And spent the rest of the *breathtaking* fall day with Lyla at my playing with the animals in the petting zoo and picking out hay bales and mums.
And then Sunday, the fall festivities continued with Grams and Gramps.
We went to a small pumpkin patch - corn maze and hay-rack ride included.
Obvi.

Luckily, this was the first of several fall-filled weekends to come.
Unluckily, my productivity is just going to have to wait.














No comments: