Thursday, November 8, 2012

Week-11-In-Review: So Much Happy

Week 11: 10/28/12 - 11/03/12

Loads of fun.
Joyful.
Hilarious.

All define this past week.

You're just little miss personality these days. 

You smile at least 70% of the time you're awake.

Except when you really need a nap.
Or a good poo.
Or someone to socialize with.

Don't worry.
I get cranky with all of those things too. 

But it's so fun to see how much you love to play. 
And be around people.

Playing and socializing. 
Ah.
The good life. 

I think I may have laughed and smiled more this week than I ever have.
Yes ever. 
So thanks for that, Chunkin.

You are so engaged in everything around you. People. The pups. Stuffed animals. Things hanging from your carseat. The wall (yes. still loving that wall). Music. Stories we read to you (because you can obviously understand them). Being a teacher, I am so intrigued watching the little wheels in your head turn while you try to understand your surroundings. I am constantly wondering what's going on in that little head of yours. 








We've increased that tummy time. I've figured out a new trick. Normally, there is nothing you dislike more than tummy time. You just can't stand to not see what's going on. I get it. I hate missing out on things too. So. My new trick is to get my face eye-level with you or put a bunch of stuffed animals in front of you. And voila. Insta-happy-baby.

I also must admit, I got a little nervous the past week or two. I felt like you forgot how to roll over. I'm not even sure when you're supposed to know how to roll over, but you went from rolling a lot to not at all. But then we went to GiGi's this week, and you rolled for her right away. And you did it again last night while I was cooking dinner. Then Daddy reminded me that you love showing off for others - like Dr. R and Aunt Cam. And you really like to roll when we're not looking. So, I don't think you forgot. You just need motivation. Smart cookie.






You laughed for the first time. Best sound I've ever heard and a moment I'll never forget. I had you sitting in the white living room chair. And we were playing with your favorite Russian toy (go figure). You were all smiles. Then you let out one really loud, "HA"! Just like Mommy. It's a trademarked laugh practically. I got voted in high school as "Most Recognizable Laugh" or "Best Laugh" every year. And it's like a GPS tracker - people are always teasing me saying they heard me down the hallway or in another room. I wonder if you'll have a robust laugh. 

For now, I'll enjoy your adorable little giggles. And I'll do everything I can to make you laugh. Music to my ears. 






We soaked up the last bit of this amazing weather. It's November and 80 degrees. We decided to celebrate by going to the Botanical Gardens and had a cookout with the grandparents in our driveway. We just set up the Pack N Play and let you soak in the beautiful weather. I don't think I've ever seen you so happy. I swear you're going to be outdoorsy like your dad.







Happy 11 Weeks. 
Next up...our last week together. 
Boo. :(





3 comments:

Ali Moore said...

She is so stinking cute.

Carolyn said...

I love reading your updates. She's so adorable. :)

Katie said...

I love your updates...she is just getting cuter and cuter :)