Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Daily reminders that I work with children

I admit it.

I can be immature sometimes.

For example, when people fall, I laugh. When people toot, I laugh. When people say something inappropriate, I laugh.

But now, that all must change because I work with children. No matter how badly I want to laugh...I must contain myself.

Today was a test.

I was overseeing arts and crafts while two kiddos wouldn't keep their hands to themselves. *Names have been changed to protect the privacy of those involved. ;)

Susie: Johnny won't stop touching me.

Johnny: Nuh-uh! Susie wont' stop touching me!

Me: Ok, well nobody should be touching anybody. Period.

Johnny: (Being 100% serious) Eww. I'm not going to touch her period!

All children proceed to laugh hysterically for about 15 minutes. I kept trying to get them to drop it.

No luck.

And I admit, I really, really wanted to laugh. But I actually refrained.

Oh dear. The things kids say...

5 comments:

Brittney Galloway said...

Also makes you wonder how kids know about periods?!? And a boy, at that!

Lucky in Love said...

Ha! I'm impressed you didn't laugh. I think I would've cracked :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I probably wouldn't have been able to hold in the laughter.

LauraAnn said...

I highly doubt that I would be able to contain my laughter! That is hilarious!

Whenever my SIL's kids do something bad that is also funny I tend to hid so they don't see me laughing or at least turn my back. Parenting Skills for me = Fail.

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

Hehehe I would have turned around to giggle a little...

Today the five year old I nanny hit his knee on the coffee table and proceeded to fall to the floor making all sorts of alien noises and flailing like a fish out of water. He looked so ridiculous I had to walk in the dining room to laugh before making sure he was all right.