Thursday, July 5, 2012

Just what the doctor ordered

We made it back from vacation alive, in one piece, and no early delivery of Baby Lyla. :)

I can't begin to tell you how many concerned looks I got from people when I told them we were going to Aruba at 30 weeks pregnant. Maybe I WAS crazy, but I got the go-ahead from my doctor, and it was the best decision ever! Especially because I have felt great during my third trimester (unlike my first and second).


Needless to say, traveling wasn't so bad (just swollen ankles a day or two) and it was one of the funnest trips we've ever taken.


We were on the beautiful island of Aruba, the southernmost island of the Caribbean...and only 10 miles from the coast of Venezuela.


The bluest waters you've ever seen.


Fine, white sand.


The BEST food I've ever had on vacation. I mean not one.bad.meal. (I paid for this fact when I got back and realized I had gained...GULP...5 pounds. Yikes!)


And one of our most favorite couples in the whole world. Our travel buddies from Rhode Island.


Let's just say there's definitely a reason that Aruba's motto is "One Happy Island".


Even though we're just now paying the bills for the trip, it was TOTALLY worth it.









































4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Looks absolutely perfect!! :)

Mrs. Yellow Ribbon said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!

Leigh said...

Gorgeous pictures! You look so relaxed and happy in the pictures :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks and sounds like it was an AMAZING trip! Glad you made it there and back in one piece and had a blast!