Friday, June 17, 2011

It just keeps getting better


I want take a moment to try to fully grasp the fact that exactly five years ago today, I walked down the isle toward one truly amazing man.

Although my advice to every bride is to savor every.single.moment. on her wedding day, I feel like the reality is that the whole day just flies by in a blissful, whirwind-ish blur .

A blur of sheer joy, of course.

But there are a few special moments that particularly stick out to me from our wedding day...

*Literally bouncing out of bed the morning of. I felt like those butterflies were going to rip right through my stomach.

*Tapping my groom on the shoulder so he could turn around to see me for the first time. He stood there jaw dropped. Staring. For a good solid minute.

*Nearly peeing my pants every time I randomly realized throughout the day 1. No more long distance. 2. I get to marry my very best friend 3. The real celebration will begin after the reception...you know, the after-party. ;)

*Saying our vows. Coolest part - Mr. Ruby's dad was the officiant. SO special.

*Hearing, "It is my honor to introduce you to Mr. and Mrs. Green."

*Our private little moments on the altar, trolly, and during pictures.

*Driving through the Wendy's drive-thru at midnight after the reception. And devouring our Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers in our hotel room. While still in our wedding gear of course.

Those are just a few. And although that amazing day five years ago was the best day of my entire life to date, I can honestly say it only gets better.

I love my husband even more today than I did five years ago. Didn't think that was possible. But it's true. And I can also say, I am happier now than I ever have been.

We tend to have more and more fun with each passing year. It's been nothing but an adventure. And I am forever thankful.

So, Happy Five Year Anniversary to my amazing husband.

P.S. In case you're interested, check out my posts from our third and fourth wedding anniversaries!!!

P.P.S. Yeah, so this post really was just for me. I'm sure none of you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed re-living it. Sorry for all the sap. It's what love does, my friends.


6 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Anniversary!!! :)

The Frenchs said...

Love it Ang! Congrats!

The Shabby Princess said...

Awwh, happy anniversary! Ours is tomorrow--June weddings are the best!

d.a.r. said...

Such a sweet post! Happy anniversary!!

Jen said...

Aww so sweet happy anniversary!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Happy Anniversary!!