Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

My scattered thoughts tend to run rampant and blow through like a hurricane, leaving a giant pile of debris to deal with.

Seriously.

It's funny because when I first began student-teaching, I teased my host teacher for her inability to finish her sentences and her unbelievable ability to hit on 17 topics in one sentence and one breath.

And now, I have turned into a topic-jumper as well. There is just so much going on and so many things to think about as a teacher. It is quite amazing, really.

So, I figured I'd share with you my endless stream-of-consciousness.

1). I cannot believe I've been student-teaching for 9 weeks now.

2). I REALLY can't believe we have been away from Rhode Island and living in Kansas for almost 3 months. Giant sad face.

3). Allergies suck. Especially in Kansas. I was warned, but I had no idea it would be this bad. I've had a sore throat for over 3 weeks. And I've been taking Mucinex D like it's candy.

4). So...I still haven't gotten the hang of the Neti Pot. I keep choking. And my sinuses are still not clear.

5). How do you fellow teachers NOT lose your voice? I lose mine at least once a week.

6). If I was on a deserted island and could only bring one food, I think it would be refried beans. I. love. beans.

7). Speaking of beans, our local grocery store has the most amazing generic Jelly Belly. I love every single flavor...except root beer.

8). Oh my goodness, what if I don't find a job? God is in control, right?

9). Mr. Ruby was making fun of me all night last night for not being technologically savvy. Just because I don't download a lot of apps on my iphone and never download music. I'm now determined to prove him wrong.

10). Mr. Ruby and I are going on a much-needed date tomorrow night. Just the two of us. Yes, even after the occurrence in #9.

11). Dairy Queen now has a "mini blizzard". I'm not sure if anything could make me happier.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw their Blizzard of the month was Mint Oreo!! Yum, I may have to get one soon!!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

OMG.. the mini blizzard is delish!

The Shabby Princess said...

Mini Blizzard?!?! That's like the best thing EVER! Why are there no DQ's by my office?! So unfair!

Meghan said...

I adore your blog - new reader here! I am a teacher as well and look forward to reading more about your adventures!

lynne said...

So many things to comment on in this blog!
1. Stop aspirating on your neti pot!
2. You need to have better vocal hygiene: no yelling, easy onset speaking (remembering we talked about starting words with an h?), drink a lot of water (i don't think you could drink any more, but keep drinking!), rest your voice when you're not in school. when you have your own classroom you should think about getting an fm system where there is a speaker in the classroom so you don't have to talk so loud and it also helps the hearing impaired!, cut back on caffeine! (okay i will get off my speech pathology soap box.
3. my hubs makes fun of me for not downloading ANY music or apps as well!

Love and miss you dearly!!!!

Unknown said...

Hope you liked my post! ;)