Monday, October 11, 2010

I have a serious problem.

No, really.

It's actually kind of embarrassing.

But, I am truly addicted to The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins.

I mean, I love to read. Just about anything. But these books are honestly some of the, if not THE, best books I've ever read.

Pretty powerful statement.

And I mean it.

In fact, I have partaken in some of the most ridiculous and quite shameful things (that I really don't want to admit) just so I could read "one more chapter".

Take last week for example. I was supposed to dedicate every single spare minute to writing lesson plans, writing a paper, and preparing for various activities for work. Instead? I could be seen at any given moment ignoring my poor husband, NOT writing a paper, and reading yet just one more chapter.

Oh, and I was exhausted all week long because I didn't hit the sack until almost 2 a.m. every night last week just to read just one more chapter.

Worst of all? We had girls' night scheduled on Saturday night. I decided to make up for my irresponsibility earlier in the week and left early to go home and study. And what did I do? You guessed it. Curled up with my book to read just one more chapter.

Yes, it has even gotten in the way of my social life. Can you believe it? But hey, at least I finished Book #2 in the series and only have one book left (so SAD!!!)

So today, I really have been studying all day long. Finally.

The only shameful thing I've done today was ask Mr. Ruby to run to Target to pick me up some Extra Strength Midol... (And the final book of the series).

I took a serious vow not to read even just one more chapter tonight.

source


5 comments:

Rachel said...

I've been there. And there's nothing like the sadness that comes when you are done with Mockingjay! (Team PEETA!!!)

Krista said...

LOL! I can't wait to read this series now. I have heard great things about it from tons of peeps. You just confirmed that it's next on my list!

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

Ha Ha Love this post. I've so been here with these books!

Leigh said...

I have never heard of this series...I might just have to check it out!

I love it when you get into a book that much...means it is really that good!

Kendra said...

Your first blog about this series was my tipping point to getting the books. And now I am just like you. I bought books 2 and 3 on Sunday and am already finished with the series! I am definitely Team Peeta! But I was just wanting her to make her decision already! Thanks for making me go get the books by your talking them up! It was well worth the $50!