Proof that I am Old.
1. I desperately crave sleep. In fact, last night, I came home from work and took a nap for 2 hours. TWO HOURS. On a Monday night. Normal? Nope. Just old.
2. Anytime Mr. Ruby and I go out, we constantly find ourselves saying, "Let's go somewhere quieter." This past weekend for example, a bunch of us were out after a wedding. We were suddenly overtaken by a plethora of yawns and desperate attempts to hear one another by yelling, "eh, I can't hear you over the loud music".
So, we decided to call it a night.
3. When asked by my best friend what Mr. Ruby and I did for date night, I got embarrassingly excited and blurted out, "We went to TJ Maxx!!"
4. I am in bed by 11 most weekends.
5. I look at high schoolers and think , "Their mothers let them wear that?" and "Kids just look so much younger these days" and "Kids aren't as grateful/respectful and/or have it much easier than we did growing up."
Proof that I am STILL Young.
1. I often eat peanut butter and jelly and applesauce for lunch. And sometimes even macaroni and cheese for dinner.
2. Mr. Ruby and I still have some of those "we are probably way too old for this, and we are up way past our bedtime" nights.
3. I still laugh when someone toots in class. And yes, I am a teacher.
4. I still shop at Forever 21. Yes, I'm aware I should probably start dressing more "womanly", but I refuse. Forever young!
5. I have a feather AND tinsel in my hair.
You decide. ;)