Sunday, September 25, 2011

I'm a runner. I run.

Ok. No. I am definitely not a runner.
In fact, I kinda, sorta hate running.
Everything about it, really.

But Mr. Ruby is so into running.
In fact, it seems the whole rest of the world is so into running,
I figured I check out what the whole big deal was.

So, the hubs signed me up for a 5 K.
The most I've ever run in my life was 2 miles.

But we started off slowly and ran for a couple of weeks after work.
And it was actually refreshing.
Something simple, cheap, and dare I say...fun to do together!

Then, my body got incredibly worn down from travel, work, school, and weddings.
And I got pretty sick.

Boo.

But, I powered through, blowing my nose the entire time
and ran my first 5K yesterday.

And now I want to do another.
When I'm not hacking, blowing, and wheezing.


*It should be illegal to have to get up while still dark outside.


Prepping with my box o' kleenexes




4 comments:

AbbyS. said...

My hubs is quite the runner too and I am going to try to join him soon. I would love to say I was a runner. Good job on your first 5k. Hope you feel better.

Ali Moore said...

Woohoo! Way to go!

Leigh said...

Congrats on your 5k! That's awesome! I love when people get into running :)

Jamie Kubeczka said...

That's wonderful! You should be so proud. I feel the exact same way about running and most recently ran in my first 5K as well. While it feels great, it does take a lot of getting used to.