Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Just what I needed

I had my first of probably many first-year-teacher breakdowns last night.
We're talking pacing. chest tightening. sobbing.

It's not even that I had a bad day.
In fact, I had a great day.
I love my class.
I love my job.

I am just completely overwhelmed.
Plate overflowing.
And it hit me like a ton of bricks last night.

So.

You can only imagine how happy I was to come home to
a sweet little surprise from my hubs:

( please ignore our dirty, 1960's front door. )


It's the simple things that help remind me that nothing else really matters. :)



9 comments:

Kristin said...

Perfection!

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

OMG how sweet. Love this!!

Lucky in Love said...

Girl! You've got yourself a one in a million husband :) What a sweetie!

Mrs. Yellow Ribbon said...

Precious! And I love your kitchen table!

Anonymous said...

I can completely relate to the meltdown. The first week of teaching I was a mess. Things were going well with my class, I just had so much to do!! Just remember it gets better and you learn how to balance :)

And with that sweet hubby, you're set!!

Unknown said...

Love your dining room! Cute. That Mr. Ruby knows just how to cheer you up. Love you dollface, just keep swimming nobody wants to be the wahmp-wah!

;-)

-Jeh

Ali Moore said...

OMG - love your table!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That is the sweetest!

Kelly said...

Aww, this was the sweetest!! Hope you're doing much better by now :-) How exciting that you're teaching-- your classroom looks fabulous by the way too!