Sunday, November 1, 2009

Spooktacular Weekend!

I jump at every possible opportunity in which I get to dress up.

Halloween. Tacky Christmas Sweater Parties. College Date Parties.

Heck, even my bachelorette party was themed: 80's Girls Night Out

Sometimes, I don't even need an "event" to attend in order to dress up. In fact, one of my favorite memories was from my freshman year of college. A friend of mine and I created a much-needed study break and decided to randomly dress up as a milkshake and french fries and walk around town. No lie.

But I have always loved Halloween. It is the one night of the year where it is socially acceptable to look absolutely ridiculous. I love it.

My mom used to make all my costumes. And I must say, she was pretty darn good at it. My all-time favorite was when she made me a stop sign. Yep. I knew about 8 months in advance that I was desperate to be a stop sign.

Another favorite was in college when a group of my sorority sisters and I went as Fruit of the Loom. I was the grapes. We were just too fun.

This Halloween was actually Mr. Ruby and my first Halloween where we dressed up together. Every other year, we haven't really had much going on. Needless to say, we were pretty stoked.

I'd like to introduce you to Hansel and Gretel. And some other fun characters we came across throughout the night...











13 comments:

Jen said...

Oh you are too cute Gretel! Looking good!

Brittany said...

LOVE THE COSTUMES :) very cute!

The New Mrs said...

Adorable costume and great pictures!

~M~ said...

Looks like a fun Halloween!!

Alison said...

Aww don't you guys look cute!

PinkSass said...

Such cute costumes. My sister and her fiance had the same costumes! Loved them!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, you guys looked so cute!

Kristin said...

Too cute!

LauraAnn said...

Very cute costume!!! Hubs and I did couple costumes for the very first time this year- he went as Ricky Bobby from Talladega Nights and I went as a pit crew girl. It was definitely fun!

MrsMis said...

you guys look adorable... I love the guitar hero pic :)

Unknown said...

very lovely, love the bachelorette party themes!

Ashley said...

So cute!!! Love your costumes!

Lauren said...

Fruit of the Loom... I LOVED that! Until someone made a funny about me being a cherry.....

ahh good times in Manhattan!