Wednesday, March 21, 2012

16 Week Update

Confession.
I am actually 17 weeks today.
17 weeks.

Oh.my.gosh.
Time is flying.

I promise to at least try to get better about posting more up-to-date... rather than a week behind. ;)

How Far Along: 16 weeks


Maternity Clothes: Still not yet. But it's my spring break, and I haven't left the house because it's been raining all week...so I've been wearing sweatpants the past 3 days. So maybe without me even knowing...

Gender: Don't know yet. Still totally feeling boy.

My mom had a dream a few weeks back it was a boy. Two days ago, she dreamt it was a girl. Heartbeat has been consistently 156, so the nurse thinks girl. Our doctor has "a feeling" it's a boy, and so he has named him Garrison Green in his records. (P.S. I LOVE my doctor). So who knows???

Movement: Not yet. But doc says any day now...

Sleep: Like a beauty. Although, I have been waking up with achy hips. Really achy.

What I miss: I miss not having to worry about reading the warning labels on food, drinks, medications, face wash, etc. Ugh.

Cravings: Still no major cravings. Although, I went through a couple-week period where I was just starving. I mean, so hungry I felt that I could eat a meal for me and two sets of triplets. That's been the hardest thing - trying to curb my hunger. Don't get me wrong, if I crave something, I eat it. But, I'm really trying not to have the, "I'm pregnant so I can eat for 2 grown men" mentality. My doctor is really big on gaining slowly and consistently. Doing good so far...


Other crazy symptoms: I've experienced a couple of pregnancy brain moments. Although, I hate to admit, I think I've always had a case of pregnancy brain. Anyone who knows me knows exactly what I'm talking about. ;)

Size of Babe: A turnip! Five inches long - our little babe is growing up so fast!

Best Moment this week:
Moment #1: Getting to hear that strong little heartbeat again. So touching. I was more emotional this time than last time. It sounded like it was going to pump right through my belly.
Moment #2: Oh. And I am officially blessed with the best in laws ever. I mean ever. They have so graciously decided to take care of the babe when I go back to work. I mean, this is HUGE. And what a relief. It is by far the most stressful thing to figure out where to send your baby for full-time care. What.a.relief. And an even bigger blessing!
Moment #3: Two words: Date Night. We are trying to keep this up so that it sticks as habit when little babe gets here.

Trying a new little Mediterranean place. Baba Ghanoush - Love saying that.
Bump Pics:

Haven't you heard? The wet dog look is in. Please forgive. ;)




5 comments:

Lauren said...

I miss you! We need to catch up. Love you, Love Gabe, and Love Baby Green :)

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

such a fun update! and I agree with doc and you. Boy!

Gina's Blog said...

Lookin good girl! But hold on....you have to use certain face washes?!! Pregnancy is high maintenance :)

Crystal Seed said...

You are too cute, and I can't wait to see the belly get bigger!!

Lindsey said...

Loved the update! You look so great!!