Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I wanna live there

So, I've noticed something about myself lately.

Every time I travel somewhere new, I find myself wanting to live there. 

Not only do I want to live there, but I can actually SEE Mr. Ruby and I living there.

Austin. Chicago. Philadelphia. Washington DC.

Do you even realize how many awesome cities there are out there?!?!

This has become a serious problem considering I travel so much for work. Actually, I take that back. Maybe it's a good thing I travel so much so that I can see so many awesome parts of the country. But then, I feel like there's always somewhere else I want to be. And in all honesty, I really am quite happy where I am at the moment. I just want to experience EVERYTHING!

What brought all this on? 

Mr. Ruby and I spent an AMAZING 4th of July in Washington DC...and we fell in love. The people are great. The food is fabulous. The culture is rich. And you gotta love the transportation. Oh, and the deep history was pretty cool too!

Anyway, we had a great time, and can't wait to go back for a visit! For those of you DC bloggers...we should totally meet up next time. :)

Just love the Capitol Building...

Out on the AMAZING town of DC

Pals since high school

We met up with one of my old pals from my training class from three years ago!

I had a couple glasses of wine. And I love weiners. So I took this picture in the bathroom. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

If you ever need a good lawyer or good boyfriend...this is your man. ;)

Heading to the most amazing firework show...ever.

Snuggling before the fireworks

Amazing.

Of course we had to get some cheesy tourist pics

Would you expect any different?

15 comments:

Shoshanah said...

I love the fireworks picture you posted! It turned out so good! Glad you had a good time in D.C. and welcome back

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Glad you had a great time in DC! I love that place!

Freck said...

Beautiful pics! looks like you had a great time! What a perfect place to be on the 4th of July.

My favorite place is Chicago!! Maybe I'm a little biased, though... :)

Alison said...

Cute pics! Looks like you had a fun trip!

Wearing Mascara said...

YAY! Um, we definitely have to meet up next time! :-)

Unknown said...

uhh... I'll take a good boyfriend!! :)

looks like you had a GREAT time!
and I LOVED the pic in the bathroom. I always seem to take a few more pics after I've had some wine, as well... huh. haha :)

Lucky in Love said...

Looks like you had a great time! Those fireworks look amazing! What a perfect place to be on that day :)

tootie said...

DC is one of my favorite cities. Looks like you had a blast!

PinkSass said...

What a fun trip, no wonder you want to live there.

You look so pretty in all the pics, love all your dresses!

LauraAnn said...

Looks like you guys had a fantastic time in DC! You guys will have to make it a tradition to go back whenever you have the opportunity since you like it so much!

Only The Good Stuff said...

Great pix!!!

Allison said...

You and Mr. Ruby are too cute for words! :)

Jackie said...

glad you enjoyed your time in DC! we will definitely meet up next time!!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

My brother lives in DC, and would you believe that I've never been to visit him?? These awesome pictures might just convince me to head North, though!

McGriddle Pants said...

I'm so glad you got to see Chris Burati!!! YAWWWWWWWWN! ;)
hhahahaaa... oh man training was such good times.
MISS YOU!